Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Carissa- one week

Well its been a full week! I have to admit there's not much adjusting to do from four to five. I might think differently as Carissa gets older and school gets into full swing. I did teach them today. My mom has been here helping out so things went a lot easier. I am very tired, and I've probably done too much today but I really want things to return to normal.

We are so thankful for our friends and family who have been providing meals. It has been so helpful to not have to worry about dinner. I'm also grateful for my mom, sister, and inlaws who have all taken turns coming and helping me out. Martie went back to school today. I was very nervous, but it helped knowing my mom was here. I'm still very limited in what I can do or lift. That is probably the hardest thing to me. I want to scoop up the other children and love on them, and I physically can't. I know I need to heal, so I need to be patient.

Now here's the "good" stuff, the things you all really wanted to see... pictures!





3 comments:

In Everything said...

you obviously hve more heling to do since you had a C-section but I'm right there with you about wanting to pick-up the kids!!

Carissa is absolutely adorable;) She's got the sweetest little face:)

And I hve found that adjusting to 4 kids has been easier too:) The hardest adjustment for us was going from 1 to 2 kiddos!!

Drea said...

she is adorable!!

Drea
www.dreawood.com

Kami said...

What great pics of Carissa!

Dont over do it Heather! You'll pay later if you do =(
Take care of yourself, girl!!

I'm so happy for you guys!! God is SO good!