Friday, April 30, 2010
We've had a great week so far. Martie and I took the children to the museum of life and science on Wednesday. It's free from 1-5 for Durham residents. We had dinner and then rushed to prayer service, we then took an adventurous trip to Baskin Robbins for .31 scoop night. The night ended with a trip to the hospital to drop off my registration forms. Can you believe I forgot to mail those early in my pregnancy. Oh well, it's done now.
Yesterday, Taylor and I got a manicure and pedicure. (I got a gift certificate for my birthday) We then went to the Art Museum in Raleigh. (something else that was free) :) It was nice to spend that one on one time with her. The Art Museum is not somewhere we can take the little ones. We've had a very inexpensive week. hahaha Especially when you throw in triples at Harris Teeter.
I have to run to Target today to get some last minute things for the hospital bags, I want to run by Kohls (I have a $10 gift card I can spend there), and Sams club for a few things. Tomorrow we have the community flea market, and Sunday worship service. Sunday afternoon I plan on cooking a few things for the children to have while we're away, and Sunday night we have a church business meeting.
Whew! Hopefully we'll get to bed early Sunday night, and get one more night of sleep before the baby! We'll keep you all updated!!!!
Monday, April 26, 2010
- Clean boys room (cleaning out toys)
- Pedicure! (I got a gift certificate for my b-day)
- Pack hosp. bags (baby is all packed)
- Cut coupons
- Grocery store
- Make a few meals for the kids to eat while I'm at the hosp.
- Bake and freeze some bread.
Through all of their home educating we're still able to point the boys to Christ. The latest struggle with this activity, is Andrew tried to buy the toys that he knew Ethan wanted. Who would have thought we would have character training in the midst of math. Thank you God for that opportunity.
Taylor has been listening to Story of the World, reading, and working on Math. BUT, like I said this week we'll be doing more.
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
- Bought a van
- Bought a bigger bin for Tabitha's clothes, packed them all and put them away.
- Taylor and Tabitha's closet is clean! :D (now I'm discovered other areas in their room that need to be cleaned)
- Organized homeschool corner
- Went to the bank
- Went to the doctor
- The old van is cleaned out.
- I'm getting the oil changed today.
Okay, there's still a lot to do. BUT... I love checking off this list!
Monday, April 19, 2010
- Children's schedules completed! (Each person helping even has their own sheet, color coded and all) haha
- My mom gave as an old chest of drawer. (now on to washing baby's clothes)
- Cleaned out Tabitha's clothes
- Taylor is cleaning out their closet and it's close to being done.
- laundry is pretty much caught up! *happy dance*
- Finish Taylor and Tabitha's closet (and room)
- Organize homeschool corner
- Buy a bigger plastic bin for the clothes I took out of Tabitha's closet. I decided to get a bigger one and make it a 18 month-24 month bin. I'll add the 24 month clothes later.
- Cars oil changed
- Doctor appt.
- School with children (their working w/ their math manipulative's now)
- If I get all that done today, I may start taking stuff out of the attic. :D (baby clothes, carseat, basinet...)
- CLEANING OUT THE BOYS TOYS! (I may enlist help on this one) ;)
- CLEANING OUR ROOM!
Saturday, April 17, 2010
So here's my to do list for the next couple of weeks:
- Clean, clean our room (for some reason is always the last to get cleaned, BUT this is where the baby will be sleeping so it has to be spotless) :)
- Clean out the boys toys (it's at the point they can't clean them up themselves. That's always a sign it's time to clean out)
- Go through Tabitha's clothes (putting the 18 month clothes away) :(
- Taylor's and Tabitha's closet (it's small and we put a closet organizer up, but it eventually gets too crowded)
- Find a chest of drawers (needing another one, there's nowhere for the baby's clothes)
- Wash baby carseat (vacuum out the others)
- Wash basinet
- Wash some baby girls clothes and some boys clothes
- Organize my homeschool corner ( this is "my" corner in the living room that has art/science stuff)
- Catch up on laundry (hey there's always hope. hehehe This is my never ending job)
- Cars oil changed
- Clean out cars (vacuum and wash)
- Pack hospital bags
- Pedicure (The only time I get one is right before I go into the hospital to have a baby. Hey lot's of people will be looking at my feet) ;)
- We're now looking for a bigger car, that's right our minivan will no longer fit 4 carseats and Taylor.
- Create a spreadsheet of the other children's schedule while we're at the hospital.
- Make and freeze a few meals for the children. (as well as bake bread)
So this is my list, I've already crossed the really important things off:
- I got my hair cut and colored. (hahahahaha) Again this is not something I do on a regular basis, but for some reason when I'm about to have a baby it becomes a priority.
- Eyebrows waxed
- Taxes done and mailed
- CC tasks are completed
So hopefully my next blog will be a list of everything else I've crossed off, and not added too.
Did I mention we STILL need some names?