Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Getting ready for baby!

Well this post won't be too exciting. For some reason everytime I get ready to have a baby I feel the NEED to clean things that I don't normally clean. Am I concerned the baby might actually care? hahaha I don't know, but whatever it is I enjoy "getting ready for baby."

So here's my to do list for the next couple of weeks:
  1. Clean, clean our room (for some reason is always the last to get cleaned, BUT this is where the baby will be sleeping so it has to be spotless) :)
  2. Clean out the boys toys (it's at the point they can't clean them up themselves. That's always a sign it's time to clean out)
  3. Go through Tabitha's clothes (putting the 18 month clothes away) :(
  4. Taylor's and Tabitha's closet (it's small and we put a closet organizer up, but it eventually gets too crowded)
  5. Find a chest of drawers (needing another one, there's nowhere for the baby's clothes)
  6. Wash baby carseat (vacuum out the others)
  7. Wash basinet
  8. Wash some baby girls clothes and some boys clothes
  9. Organize my homeschool corner ( this is "my" corner in the living room that has art/science stuff)
  10. Catch up on laundry (hey there's always hope. hehehe This is my never ending job)
  11. Cars oil changed
  12. Clean out cars (vacuum and wash)
  13. Pack hospital bags
  14. Pedicure (The only time I get one is right before I go into the hospital to have a baby. Hey lot's of people will be looking at my feet) ;)
  15. We're now looking for a bigger car, that's right our minivan will no longer fit 4 carseats and Taylor.
  16. Create a spreadsheet of the other children's schedule while we're at the hospital.
  17. Make and freeze a few meals for the children. (as well as bake bread)

So this is my list, I've already crossed the really important things off:

  1. I got my hair cut and colored. (hahahahaha) Again this is not something I do on a regular basis, but for some reason when I'm about to have a baby it becomes a priority.
  2. Eyebrows waxed
  3. Taxes done and mailed
  4. CC tasks are completed

So hopefully my next blog will be a list of everything else I've crossed off, and not added too.

Did I mention we STILL need some names?

4 comments:

In Everything said...

our "get done" lists are soo similiar!!! But again our due dates are only days apart :)

I hope you get completed what you need to:) I was totally sure I was going to do a typed version of our schedule... hahha... totally handwritten and it WORKS!!

And I'm soo right there about our bedroom!! WHY??? is it the messiest room in the house but my kids' rooms get cleaned daily???

Oh, extra meals! I've purchased some spiral sliced hams and been feeding the fam and sticking some in the freezer... NICE arrangement!! Of course we'll be sick of ham by the time baby comes;)

Heather said...

Well the bedroom thing is no one goes in there except us. So we don't make it a priority. (unfortunately) I am very convicted and would like it to be that special place my husband enjoys going each night. But.... hmmmm....:)

Yeah, I don't know if I'll get the schedules done like I want to. I have to have a c-sect. So my children will be w/out us for 3 days. :( So it's important everyone knows where their going and when.

I've been following your pregnancy. (via blog) I'm very excited for you. Seems like all is going well.

Kristi (Kami's sister) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.