Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Thankful...

This is Heather. I wanted to write a short blog to let you know how thankful I am. God has blessed me so much.

First, I have the best husband a wife could ever want. A servant, a true servant. Since going to the hospital to have Carissa until now he has been consistantly "laying down his life" for me. I know he has a lot going on with work and school. However, you would not know his stress. It's the little things that I appreciate so much. He forced me to lay down and rest when I didn't want to. He knows that I need to sleep. Before bed he had my medicine with orange juice sitting beside our bed waiting for me. He offered to sleep on the side closer to Carissa so that I wouldn't hurt myself picking her up out of the bassinet. Those are just a few of the many constant ways he has practically been "laying down his life" for me. He his a man who loves and fears the Lord and I am so thankful for Him.

Second, I am so thankful for my children. Tuesday, my sister brought them to see me in the hospital. Ethan had insisted they bring our family bible. His reason was no one can read to us but daddy. When we came home from the hospital he made sure we didn't forget to bring it home. They all love Carissa so much and show it in their own little ways. I loved looking at Andrew's eyes light this morning as he looked over the bassinet at Carissa. He was trying to get her to say, "Andrew." Tabitha still refuses to say her name, but kindly refers to to Carissa as "baby." Taylor wants to hold Carissa all the time. She amazes me with her natural mothering ways. She spent Monday at the hospital with us. While there she cuddled me in the bed, gave me my food, and just took care of me. I love my children and am so thankful for them.

Third, I am thankful for my sister. While all of my family has been over the top caring for me and our other children, my sister has really amazed me. She has shown sacrificial love. Unlike most girls in their twenties she wants to be here helping me out. She slept here with our children a couple of nights while we were away, she fed them, prayed with them, and made sure they were taken care of. Martie and I didn't have a bed frame, well when we got home yesterday we had one. My sister lovingly gave us hers. I love her so much and am so thankful for her.

Lastly, I am thankful for my family and friends. God continues to bless us with amazing people in our life. Weeks before I had Carissa, some friends of ours brought us dinner and "treats" for the other children. The church and other friends of ours are bringing us meals. My mom has been here assisting Alley at times, running errands for us, washing dishes, and she cleaned our bathroom. My dad and in-laws have helped take care of the other children while we were at the hospital. My dad wants to get them sometime this weekend also. My mother in-law is coming today to help out. Martie is officiating a wedding Saturday, so he has the rehearsal tonight.

No comments: