Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Agricultural fair

Last Friday I took the "fab 5" to the agricultural fair at the State fair grounds. Martie has been extremely busy with school, so we ventured out without him. It was free admission and free parking. My kind of field trip. We had a great time tasting some of our favorite NC foods. (hushpuppies, chicken dumplings, cornbread, biscuits, apple jelly, pancakes, pound cake, bbq....)

I then let the kids ride a few rides. The ride tickets were reasonable, and since we didn't spend any money. :D Ethan got hurt on the last ride. It was the one where he was inside a bubble. (see pictures below) I didn't want him to do it, but it was time to go home and we had just enough tickets. :( I should have gone with my gut feeling. Basically he fell forward and hit his face on the side of the pool. It was very scary. Your baby being inside a bubble with a bloody nose and mouth. But, we all survived. I cleaned him up so I could see where the blood was coming from and realized it was his nose. Thankfully it was our last thing to do, so we left.

Overall it was a super fun day. I was also able to get some brochures from some farms. We've been looking into buying our beef in bulk. (you know like 1/2 cow) Anyone want to join us? They have deals if you have friends that join in and you split portions of the cow. hahaha I know this sounds funny but we are serious. We have the freezer space and it's so much healthier. Imagine that field trip. Come on kids we're going to pick up our cow.They were even patient when I had to feed Carissa.

The three middle children got to shuck the corn with this old ummm machine. I don't know what you call it. hahaha

You can see from this picture how Ethan got hurt.

.
Enjoying Chicken and Dumplings. Yummo!

Tabitha showing us her hushpuppy. hehehe

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Looks like a great time! We have been wanting to buy a cow as well, so I won't laugh at you :) Ethan probably thinks that the bubble ride was worth the bloody nose. That looks fun!

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.