Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Beach trip

Andrew, Ethan, Tabitha, and cousin Lauryn eating watermelon. yummo!

Martie finished school for the semester last Tuesday. We decided to take a spontaneous trip to the beach with his family. We haven't been to their place in over 5 years. We left around 9:30 Thursday morning. We decided to leave early so we could go to Atlantic beach. His parent's place is on the inter-coastal waterway. I knew my kids would want to play in the sand and waves. So just Martie the kids and I enjoyed the afternoon there.

Later we met up with his parents at their place. It is way out in the country. (no cell phone service or computer) :)Our children could run and play all day with their cousins. They went fishing on Papa's boat, they rode the golf cart around and around and around..... It was actually nice to sit and not have anything to do. There were no schedules kept, NO diets kept, lots of spoiling. We have to do that more often.

Yes, this is Mountain Dew that he is drinking. Has he ever even had Mt. Dew??? I was told they didn't know how many honey buns he ate on the boat. :D No wonder he didn't eat ANY lunch! hahaha


The older I get (or the more children I have) I am learning to relax a lot more. So what if it is taking longer than I would like to get back to "normal." We made memories last weekend. Those are the times and things our children will remember.

Martie's parents are wonderful, and I loved sitting and just talking to his mother and sister. Thanks Faye, TH, Melanie, Todd, kids for a wonderful time! We can't wait to do it again. Love you all!Tabitha at the pool

The first fish Taylor has ever caught.

My little fish, Ethan!

Taylor and Tabitha swimming at the pool.

Hunters BIG catch! Nice job Hunter!

2 comments:

In Everything said...

looks like a fun trip!! WOW... I'm impressed you've gotten to the beach with Carissa already!!

My hubby is ready to travel,too!! We're hoping to visit family near the beach, too, soon!! We'll see:)

Carrie said...

Glad you had a great time! I love all the pictures :)