Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Friday, October 3, 2008

Update on Andrew

I took Andrew back to the doctor this morning. I was able to make an appointment with his doctor. The one that we've seen since he was born. I really think a lot of him. (Martie does too) So Dr. Wang is convinced it is a bug/spider bite. He poked a hole in the blister and drained it a little. He wanted to make sure there was no infection. It should start to get better.


While we were there, he heard Andrew coughing so he decided to listen to him. He said that he is very close to needing a prescription. Dr. Wang doesn't like kids on antibiotics for just anything. I love that about him. So before we left this is the conclusion we came to... He gave us the prescription for the antibiotic. In a day or so, if Andrew's cough gets any worse, then get the prescription filled. He prescribed one that will be good for his 'cold' and for skin infections.


I thought that was a good decision, and I'm feeling pretty comfortable. It still looks bad, but hopefully we'll see some progress from here on out. Oh, and I took my camera this time and showed him the progression pictures. (I know, I'm slightly crazy)


This morning, before we saw Dr. Wang


This evening, after Dr. Wang drained the blister

2 comments:

Deborah said...

This is for sure a spider bite. My andrew had the same thing except on the bottom of his foot when he was about 1 year old. His doctor said that it was a spider bite. His doctor however popped the blister and packed it with antibiotic cream and covered it. He said to clean it out good once a day and re-apply the cream and cover. I had to do this for 1 week and then he said to let it air out and it should be fine.

In Everything said...

WOW!! Glad you got to your trusted doctor... amazing that the other doctor sent you home with no other precautions.... frustrating!!

And I don't think you're crazy to bring along your camera with the pictures on it!! I've snapped plenty of food allergy reaction pictures AND taken them to the allergist... he thought I should give him copies ot keep them on record!!!

And after many attempts to get the allergist appointments through my pediatrician... I showed her my pictures off my camera...
appointment made!!