Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Frustration with doctors...

Monday night, after our trip to BJ's, I took the children to Chick-fil-A. While we were sitting there Andrew said, "ouch bug bite me". Then he showed me the inside of his hand. He had a scratch so I said, "no honey you have a scratch". Then he grabbed his side and said, "ouch bug bite me again". In a panic Taylor said, "mom get him up". We searched him and found nothing, except he had the chills all over.
The next morning around 9:00 am the boys were playing in the living room, when we heard Andrew start crying. Taylor ran in there and Ethan ran away. Andrew said Ethan hit him. Andrew was sitting in the big purple chair and Ethan was standing in the middle of the floor. Hmmmmm, we looked and saw a red spot on the top of his hand. After talking to Ethan, I came to the conclusion that Ethan hit him on his hand. He said he hit him with an open hand. (not with anything) So we watched it through the day. By lunch I was concerned, it was now red with some swelling. Martie said to just wait and keep watching it. By 4:00 pm it had a little white pimple looking thing on it. So I called the doctor, and they saw us right away.

Conclusion.... spider bite.... remember the night before at chick-fil-a? So maybe when Ethan hit him is when we noticed it? After Chick-fil-a we brought him straight home and put him to bed. (he was already asleep)

After the doctor trip, I came home and gave him a bath. They went to my dad and step moms last night. I had a mom's night out. I told them if it looked worse to call me. Around 9:30 they called and said the "pimple" now looked like a wart. A big wart like blister. I told them that Martie would be there in a little while let him look at it. (I would probably over react) He called me at 11:00 pm and asked me to meet him at the hospital. It looked a lot worse. Martie DOESN'T over react.

So the hospital experience was terrible. Three hours later, a doctor comes in and looks at it and says it looks like a burn. I assured her it was NOT a burn. I would know if he burned himself. He would have really cried if he burned himself on something. Well she insisted that it was a burn and put some neosporin on it with a band-aid. Thanks a lot for NOTHING!!! She spent maybe 2 minutes in there. I should have showed her the pictures of the progression, however I didn't think of it.

So, here we are a day later. I think it looks worse, but who knows. At this point I'm starting to think I'm crazy. We didn't get home with all the kids until 3 this morning. What do you all think?

The first picture 4:00 Tuesday afternoon.

At the hospital Tuesday night. (11:30 pm)


This morning. (Wednesday)

Before church tonight. (Wednesday @ 5:00 pm)

It's hard to see in these pictures, but the blister is the same size as the whole spot.

3 comments:

S.E. Painter said...

that is awful!

i hope it heals quickly, but it looks painful.

Kami said...

Poor Andrew, that looks so bad. I have no idea what that is, but I hope it doesnt get any worse. We'll be praying for that little guy, keep us updated!

Carrie said...

Praise God! For Dr. Wang! I'm so glad God was able to use him to help give you peace about poor little Andrew's hand. I'll be praying for that to heal quickly.