Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

20 mins. to blog

So while I was feeding Tabitha this morning, I took advantage of reading my favorite blogs. Sitting beside me was my precious Andrew. In those very short minutes Andrew managed to "dump" out anything he could find.

What is this with him? Is it a boy thing? He loves to just "dump out" stuff. In our closet he took all my shoes off of the shoe rack. He opened the wipes and took two out. (I got the rest away from him) He wiped himself off, and then put one wipe in each of daddy's shoes. Then he went in his room. I thought to play so nicely. After nursing I went to check on him and he had dumped out his basket of shoes and their basket of hats. AAAGGGGHHHH!!! He dumped out the basket of toys before bed.

I like baskets because everything has a place, however when everything is dumped out at the same time, it makes for a BIGGER mess! I love this boy.

Last question..... when he gets the stuff all out of the baskets..... why doesn't he play with it? Is all the fun in just turning the baskets over and watching the stuff fall out? Hmmmm.... maybe I could incorporate this into his school. Get some cans and put stuff in them, and have him dump it out and then put it back. Just a thought. I'm always looking for things to keep him busy while I'm helping the other children.

He's my favorite Andrew in the WHOLE world!

1 comment:

In Everything said...

Totally a boy thing..... I thought making my little man clean-up his own mess would deter him from continuing to dump stuff... but he doesn't mind (usually) cleaning it all up after. I'm even teaching the 19-month old to clean-up after she dumps stuff...if they can dump it, they can clean it:)

But it sure makes for a messy house:)