Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I will boast about my weakness...

I have to share a little on our family time from yesterday. Yes, I said yesterday's family time. Today's reading was good, but God is really reminding me of yesterdays. So we're reading in 2 Corinthians 12. Paul was talking about someone, probably in the church that was a real "thorn in his flesh", actually he goes on to say a "messenger of Satan". He's complaining to God and asking Him to get rid of the thorn. He actually asks God three times.

Here is God's answer, vs. 9-10 "And He has said to me, " My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Then Paul responds, "most gladly therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong."

WOW! Do I have to say anything??? God is GREAT, and His grace is SUFFICIENT!

No comments: