Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Doctor update

Sorry I haven't updated this yet. We took Tabitha to the doctor on Monday. She still weighs 6.3. So no weight gain, but no weight loss either. So, we're going to keep doing what we're doing. (force feeding her) I'm not supplementing, I have plenty of milk. The problem is she will not open her mouth. She is either too sleepy or too lazy. So I have to literally force her to eat. That's o.k. I'm pretty determined, and thank goodness this is not the first baby. I still love nursing, and I know we'll get through this. I take her back to the doc. tomorrow (Thurs.) for another weight check, and possibly a billirubin check. Because the labs were closed Monday, we did not do the billirubin check. Our doctor felt o.k. about waiting, she's not too "orange". Our two boys were jaundice, and Andrew had to have the phototheraphy. (so we know what to look for) It's amazing to understand how jaundice works and how the blood types come into play with that. Because Tabitha and I both have O blood type, she is less likely to have severe jaundice. (even though I'm neg. and she's pos.) The boys are like AB or something, which puts them at greater risk. I'm still learning and don't quite understand.

Well, hopefully I'll update our blog tomorrow and let you all know how the appointment goes. Continue to pray for weight gain and good feedings.

No comments: