Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

While we were at the hospital

So I thought I might tell you how the children did while my hubby and I were at the hosp. Well, the plans were they were going to stay home with my sister. She's home from college, and they would be able sleep in their own beds and such. So I had Tabitha Wednesday, the children were all at the hospital and then my sister took them home. I'm a little controlling, so I had some meals all planned out for them, with their snacks and stuff. We weren't sure if they would come back to the hospital that night or not since Taylor had swim practice until 6:20. I had one of her friends parents pick her up and bring her home. So my sis. just stayed home with the boys. Around six she decided to start dinner. I bought one of those frozen lasagna dinners. After she put it in she realized it had to cook for 2 hours. They normally eat around six then have their baths and go to bed at eight. So she called us around 7, my husband suggested she give them a snack or something, because they were going to be starving. (he hung up and we got a good laugh) I called a little while longer to check on them, and she said they were fine, she stopped the lasagna and heated them up some frozen waffles. (hahaha, so much for controlling things, huh) Then they decided to come to the hospital. (remember they are used to going to bed at eight) So they got to the hospital about 8:30 or so and hung out with us for about an hour and a half. I have to say they were a lot calmer, being so late. Overall, I have to say they did great that day! They're not ruined, and God taught me a thing or two through that. I love my sister, and I am so thankful for her. How many 22 year old's do you know that would volunteer to stay somewhere and take care of 3 kids that weren't hers.

Thursday morning we planned for my dad to come over and relieve my sis. for a while so she could work. I called about 7:30-8:00. My sis answered the phone half awake. I said, "I'm sorry were you sleeping?" She said yes, I asked if the boys were awake, she said I don't know, I said is dad there, she said I don't know, I said o.k. well I'll let you go, she said o.k., bye. (hmmmmm, I sat there, do I panic or laugh) I got in touch with my dad about an hour later. He said when he got there Ethan was still asleep (remember late night), and Taylor was up taking care of Andrew. How awesome is my girl? Alley (my sis.) was still asleep. (remember she is a college student) They had a great day with my dad and even came and saw us for a little while. I have a great dad who loves to play and just hang out with our kids. Taylor had swimming again Thursday night and softball. Alley handled all that like a pro. I'm not sure what they did for dinner that night.

Friday, Martie was supposed to go home spend time with them and such. That was the day I got so sick. His mother came to the hosp. to take care of me, so he was able to leave. We really wanted him to be with the other children. He struggled with wanting to be in both places. He ended up bring them back to the hospital and they went home with my in-laws. After a few hours of being home with them, my sister in-law informed me that Ethan said he wasn't coming home, he was moving in with papa. Then he said we could all move in with papa. Now wouldn't that be fun!!! I am so blessed with the greatest in-laws. They adore our children and spoil them crazy. They brought them home Sat. all three wearing new shirts grandma had bought for them.

I write this blog to say, no things did not go according to schedule all the time. Yes, my kids got away with too many things, yes they are in the process of being re-trained this week, BUT they're not ruined. They are probably closer now, have had some fun experiences and made some great memories together. I am so thankful to my family. Words can never express my gratitude. I love each of you very much!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, this was funny and all i can say is oh if you only knew... lol. FYI-thursday night we had lasagna for dinner from where I had started cooking it the night before. Which by the way, I came home and stayed up until 1-ish wednesday night to finish cooking, which is also why I was still sleeping when dad showed up, not to mention my ear was still leaking at this point! LOL anyway I have told you already but I will tell you again, I have gained a whole new level of respect for you and your family! You really do have the most wonderful children and you guys are great parents! I love you bad, mean it!

PS-I'm glad I didn't ruin your kids and sorry for the retraining this week :)

-love,
Alley