Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Give thanks!


Because Scripture commands me to give thanks in all situations, I am choosing to do just that. The kids might be sick, I might still be in my pj's, the laundry still needs to be folded...

But...I am thankful today for:
  1. New TV that we received as a gift for Christmas.
  2. Amazon Prime account that allows us to rent movies anytime we want.
  3. A husband who appreciates me, and knows when I need a break.
  4. Warm showers in a locked bathroom.
  5. Emergency chocolate that I've hidden in my room. (and forgot about)
  6. Warm blankets- another Christmas gift
  7. Dinner brought to us by friends.
  8. A 20 oz. coke that was in the bag with dinner, just because my friends know me. 
  9. Store bought bread, peanut butter, and jelly
  10. Family and friends who will genuinely and lovingly pray for us at any time.
  11. Friends who are willing to take on my role in other areas of my life, so I can take care of my family. 
  12. Viruses, yes I'm thankful for viruses. Although my kids are pretty miserable, whiny, and needy it could be worse. They only have a virus, it's not a disease and they will be better....eventually. And on the bright side, it's building up their immune systems. 
Psalm 13:5, NIV I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation
Nehemiah 8:10b, ESV And do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
Psalm 28:7, NLT The LORD is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
1 Thessalonians 16-18, NIV Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
Romans 12:12, ESV Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
1 Thessalonians 5:17, NLT Never Stop Praying.
Philippians 4:4, ESV Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.


No comments: