Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Adoption update

I have a feeling I'm going to have to work backwards from this blog. There has been so much that I haven't been able to share. For the last month we have been providing respite care for 2 sweet girls. Ater meeting them and reading their case study, we told our social worker we wanted to pursue adoption.

Today, Tuesday, July 23 we met with the Adoption Comittee at DSS. We were interviewed for about an hour and a half. We were then walked out so they could decide if our family was the best fit for the girls. About 30 minutes later we got the call saying, "The girls will be placed in our home with the purpose of adoption." We'll meet this week and decide how to transistion them.

For now I get to finally share pictures!

Shyana (7)




My self proclaimed "Twins."


Our Elite Eight
Dasiyer (10)








6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations and God Bless you and your family for taking these girls to be family members.

Unknown said...

I can't help but tear up. This is going to change so many lives (not just theirs). I'm just amazed. This is such a beautiful family! ♥ Brandy

Bethany said...

I had a rough day with my little one today and reading this post and seeing how you are living out the gospel has really encouraged me. If God can give you everything you need to live out the gospel to your elite 8 (by the way I loved that you called them that, really cute!!) He can certainly give me everything I need to live out the gospel to my 1. Y'all are awesome and what you're doing is going to have such a kingdom impact! :)

Kim said...

Congratulations! Beautiful girls!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Oh my...they are so beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from one adoptive mom to another!