Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Home Study Day!

We met with our social worker this afternoon at 2:30. Martie and I were both very excited. We've waited two years for this appointment. I was super nervous. I didn't really know what to expect of this first in home meeting. I had been comforted by so many. Friends called, prayed, and sent me scriptures that I could read. I was most encouraged by my husband who literally stopped me in my tracks one afternoon, hugged me, and immediately began to pray. I thank God for his guidance and leadership in our family. We also recited together:

Phil. 4:6-7 "Be anxous for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made know to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

It was a very nice meeting. She didn't look through our house at all. Jokes on me! However, she did tell us some of the things she'll look at during her next visit. I don't expect we'll have any problems. She updated all our paper work, asked us more questions, and gave us some other things to do. We have to go downtown and get fingerprinted and we both need to get physicals. I made the appointment today with our family doctor. We'll go downtown soon to get fingerprinting done. She said the home study should be complete in about 60 days.

I was very encouraged! Please continue to pray for us. Our prayer is that God would be glorified in this process, in our parenting, and through adoption.

We love you and covet your prayers!
The Mangums

No comments: