Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Monday, April 8, 2013

My new nephew!

In about 30 hours I will be boarding an airplane, by myself, to go meet my new nephew! I cannot wait to go meet this handsome little guy. I'm also thrilled to spend some time with my brother Cam, his wife Melanie, and my other nephew Michael. It's so difficult living this far away from this sweet family. However, I'm thankful that God has provided the way for me to travel.

I mentioned that I'll be going alone. This is the first time in many many years that I've flown alone. This is the first time I've ever been away from my husband and children at the same time. I have so many emotions. Martie and the kids are going to have a blast together. He's excited that he gets to spend this time with them. I'm sure things won't go as they normally do and I'm okay with that. They probably won't eat like I like, nap on schedule, clean how I prefer... and I'm okay. Really. My prayer is that they make memories of their time together, love one another, and have FUN!

The most popular thing I've heard so far is, "You're not going to know what to do with yourself." Well, let me tell you a little secret about most stay at home, homeschooling mamas. We keep a list. It's a list of things we would like to do, if there were time. But see the problem is, there's never time. So, here's my list of things I would like to do while away:

  1. Rest
  2. Sleep
  3. Love on baby Jaxson
  4. Go to the gym
  5. Read
  6. Take a nap
  7. Blog
  8. Eat whenever (or whatever)
  9. Love on baby Jaxson
  10. Read some more
  11. Rest
Yes I realize that I said rest, sleep, & nap multiple times. ;-)

Some other things we might do while I'm there are:
  1. I'll go to a church that we attended the last time we went. It was great. Martie and I even went to one of their small groups. They were very kind to us.
  2. Zoo
  3. Take pictures of the family
  4. Walk on the river (Rio Grande)
  5. Visit Old Town 
Honestly, I don't have to have anything to do. I will be completely content just being there. I am going to miss my gang terribly, but the reunion is going to be sweet. 

It's almost time....  

1 comment:

S.E. Painter said...

have a great time! i'm glad you will have that new baby to love so you won't miss yours so much!