Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

1 little, 2 little, 3 little airplanes...

I made it! I arrived in Albuquerque, NM around 1:45 pm. It was a long, long, very long day. I won't bore you with ALL the details.

I will tell you that I was extremely anxious about the trip. It was difficult leaving the kids and I was nervous about my flight schedule. The last time I flew was for our honeymoon over 10 years ago. I left RDU with no problems. I enjoyed the conversation with the gentleman that sat beside me. We talked about family, work, flying, adoption and the LORD! Because of our conversation, the anxiety that I was fighting subsided. God was so good and gracious to me.

That flight was held up on the runway for about 20 mins. By the time I arrived in Washington I had to RUN to my connecting flight, which was on the complete opposite end of the airport. I was the last person to board. We were warned by the pilot that the ride would be a little rough because of winds in Ohio and a snow storm in Denver, CO. We were also stuck on the runway for this flight for an additional  20 mins. because of clearance papers.

By the time we arrived in snowy CO, I had to RUN again to my connecting flight. Once again, I was the last person to board. We ended up on the runway for an hour. We had to wait for them to de-ice the airplanes. I called Melanie to let her know that I would be an hour late.

I know that God used all these situations to help me trust in Him. I prayed most of the day, read the Word, and reflected on His creation. I am thankful for all the delays, because I know He is sovereign and in total control. I'm sure there was a reason and I don't need to know why. I will praise Him regardless of my situations.
This is the picture from my plane in Denver, CO.
After all the flight changes, I arrived safely. I was literally in tears to see my sister inlaw Melanie, nephew Michael, and meet baby Jaxson!

This is a blanket I made for Jaxson. I had his initials monogrammed in the corner. 

Me and Michael playing around. I love him. Such a sweet boy and awesome big brother.




Excited to spend the week with this sweet family. 

2 comments:

JJ said...

One of your goals was to hit the gym for a workout. With all that running to make your connecting flights you can check that off your list. ;-) praying that you have a blessed time with your family!

Heather said...

That's funny Josh, I was thinking the same thing.