Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Monday, November 5, 2012

10 things I love about our CC group

In case you're unfamiliar with the acronym CC; it stands for Classical Conversations. Our Durham group meets on Monday's at Kings Park. Our younger children's curriculum is based around the Foundations program.

I left our group today with so much joy and thankfulness that I decided to write a top 10 list titled,

"Things I love about our CC group"

10. I have accountability each week.
9. My kids have great friends.
8. I love the flexibility and the structure of the curriculum. (Yes, you can have both)
7. A break in the week from being my kids only teacher.
6  Lunch and playtime.
5. Science experiments!
4. Art projects & tin whistle!
3. The families! We have REALLY great families!
2. Our tutors totally ROCK! They love the children, they are passionate about learning and teaching, and they love Jesus!

1. The moms! Seriously, I think I would join just for the fellowship. The mom's in our group love, serve, pray, and hold accountable like no other group of mom's I've ever met. They have taught me so much. I love our friendships. I don't feel like there is pressure or competition. We laugh often, cry some, and spur each other on. The mom's in our group show me Jesus!





No comments: