Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

ever want to press pause?

Here are some of the "not so fun things" that happened while we were in New Mexico. A day before we left, we took Tabitha and Carissa to the doctor. Carissa's ear infection still did not clear up. (double ear infection again) Both of the girls were treated for conjunctivitis. That's right! Right before a 26-28 hour car ride. Ethan and Taylor were next to get it. So our pediatrician was nice enough to call in extra drops. So we left with 3 bottles of prescription eye drops.

I really thought it was under control. I thought Andrew, Martie, and I had escaped it. Half way through the trip my dad got it! A day after being in NM Andrew and Martie got it. Sometime in there, my brother, Melanie, Micheal, and my sister all got it!!!! I somehow escaped it all. I think it was because I was walking around with Clorox wipes and sanitizer.

We went to Melanie's dads house one night for dinner. (which was wonderful) Until Carissa screamed out and passed out in my arms! Yep, she went completely limp and passed out. She finally came to and then look very dazed. She kept trying to go back out, but we took her outside. She eventually was back to herself. We left his house right after that.

A few hours into the same 26-28 hour drive home Tabitha started throwing up! So unplanned pit stop number one. She rode with a trashcan the rest of the way. She only threw up once more. We did stop by a Walgreens. I bought something for nausea.

A couple of days after being home Andrew woke up from his sleep throwing up. He spent the following 24 hours sleeping or just laying around.

Somewhere in all this my wonderful friend Danielle experienced over 21 hours of labor. (which I was there for) I went home from that thinking I was getting sick. Only to realize I felt sick because I missed 3 "feedings" and all I ate was a bag of M&M's, a donut, and a slice of lemon pound cake. hahaha Not to mention the 2/3 cokes.

Yesterday I took the 4 little children to the library. As I was putting them all in their car seats Carissa started crying. Guess what? Yep, she passed out again! This is the scariest thing that I've experienced with one of my children. My body literally shakes all over after it has happened. I forgot to tell you that she almost passed out a second time in NM, her lips turned blue and everything. Martie took her outside and she got her breath again. She has an appointment in the morning for this. Poor baby has a doctor's appointment almost every week. Next week is the appt. with the ENT.

My hubby came home tonight from school with the chills, aching, and throwing up! I need to restock our anti-bacterial soap and hand sanitizer.

Sorry this wasn't a very encouraging blog, or maybe it was for you. You may be thanking Jesus right now that you don't have this many germs in your house. hahaha But it's times like this I wish I could say....Pause please! I need a moment. I need to get caught up on the kids school work, laundry is back out of hand, I need to reply to some emails, I need to make sure the library books are separate from the books we bought today, my floor really needs to be vacuumed, swept, and mopped, how can I make my hubby feel better, no one let Carissa cry (hahaha).... I could go on, but what I really need is Jesus! That's all I need! The other stuff will happen, I know this.

So in this moment I'm pressing pause on everything that needs me right now, only to cling to Jesus. He is my strength, my rock, my provider, my friend, and my daddy.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

So I came across your blog tonight and I have to tell you this is my favorite entry. You are supermom! I admire you so much and strive to be a mom like you. Its nice to know that even supermom has to step back for a breath sometimes.

Heather said...

Thanks Courtney. I just reread this entry and laughed. Wow, I was really going through a hard time.