Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

... and we're off!

Headed to New Mexico that is!

It has been a rough week. On Saturday night Carissa and Tabitha developed an eye infection. Carissa had been showing signs of sickness and by Saturday she was just not feeling good. Fortunately Sunday morning our doctor fit us in. Carissa had another double ear infection. The good thing is we got the antibiotics and eye drops before we left for our trip.

So Monday and Tuesday were spent washing hands, light switches, door knobs, blankets... and anything else ANYONE touched! Even though I tried very hard to keep the eye infection from the others, Taylor and Ethan caught it. Somehow Andrew, Martie, and I have stayed clear. (thank God) I was not able to get through my lists as quickly or as organized as I would have liked.

We left around 10:45 Tuesday night. I'm realizing all that I forgot. My boys new water bottles that I bought especially for this trip, a cup for Tabitha and Carissa, to leave the key for my Aunt, and most importantly the pack and play for Carissa to sleep in!!!! AAAAGGGGHHH!!! I get so frustrated when I forget things. It usually doesn't happen because I go over my list about 100 times. However this time, I have been dealing with other things and trying get everyone well before we leave.

I did remember to call the doctor and get extra eye drops for anyone else who might get this infection, kids blankets, and their favorite stuffed animal, their school lessons (and some fun stuff), and of course SNACKS! Two baskets of snacks! :)

Well, I will hopefully be updating the blog on our adventure. I'm very excited about our trip and some things we have planned. We are in Tennessee now, it's 8:00 am and the kids are awake. They just finished muffins for breakfast. We should be stopping in a little bit to refuel, get the kids out to go to the bathroom, and stretch. So far all is good. Praise the Lord!

No comments: