Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

almost there!

Well it's 8:30 North Carolina time. We just crossed the Texas border. (so it's 7:30 here) It's been a long but great day! The kids have been amazing. They have colored some, played some, played eye spy, and watched one movie. (they didn't even finish that movie) I am so surprised they haven't used any of the other electronics that I came prepared with. I packed plenty of movies and the Nin. DS w/ games. They have been completely content just sitting, talking, and playing quietly. AMAZING!

We've had perfect weather. Traffic has been pretty good, except the expected times and a little construction. We expect to be at my brothers around 11:00 New Mexico time (1:00 NC time). I imagine the kids will fall asleep shortly since it is their bedtime. It will be interesting to see how they adjust to the time difference, especially Carissa.

I can't wait to update pictures, Martie took lots on the way here. Maybe tomorrow I'll get those uploaded.

3 comments:

S.E. Painter said...

sounds great! why are going to new mexico? are you in your van?

Heather said...

my brother lives there. We rented a 12 pass. I didn't want to put the miles on our van.

In Everything said...

yay for such a great trip;) Inspires us to travel to MS to see Brian's family in the fall:)

I hope you have a great visit:)