Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Future PA trip...

We are planning another little get away. Martie is going to the "Weekender" at the church that Mark Dever preaches in Washington DC. I really wanted to take the children so we could do some museum hopping. I just love DC! However, Martie is going to be gone from early morning to late at night so he didn't want me out by myself with the children. :( (especially in DC)

I really didn't want to stay home for 5 days without him. I know I'm a wimp, but I will admit I'm a lonely wimp. hahaha So, we convinced him to let us go visit our good friends the Trunicks in PA. We will leave early on a Thursday morning and take him to DC, and the children and I will then drive to PA. We will stay with them Thursday night through Monday morning. We will then drive back to DC to pick Martie up and drive home.

I am so excited. The Trunicks moved to NC several years ago and eventually moved back up north. When we met we just connected on so many levels. Our families are very like minded and our husbands could talk for hours. They have visited us several times, but now it's time for us to see where they live, meet their friends, visit their church... Did I mention they have 4 boys and she is expecting her 5th baby. Our boys have the best time together.

Anyway, just a quick blog to share my excitement!!!!!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

yeah!!! I can't wait!!! :) :) :)