Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Titus Tea Party

Taylor and I hosted a tea party last Friday night. We have been reading through Raising Maidens of Virtue together and got the idea. This also goes along with my Titus 2 focus. I host a woman's bible study once a month, and my goal is to teach and encourage other women as the Titus 2 woman. Often we hold a woman's bible study and don't include the younger women. How are our girls going to know how to study the bible if we don't include them? How are they going to know how to pray if we don't show them? So we combined my Titus 2 vision and our tea party.

We had about 20 ladies and young ladies. We had a wonderful time of fellowship, encouragement, and teaching. We each made a recipe book for our family. What I will be doing with my books is making one for each of my children. In their recipe book I will include some of their favorite recipes as well as short notes and scripture. For my boys I will give this to their wives when they get married.

We can't wait to host the next tea party! Below are just a few pictures from the night.


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We had such a nice time!! You did a fabulous job!

Kami said...

Awesome!!! I need to read this book.