Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ethan's Prayer...

I've had a little cold today, and I haven't been feeling up to much. So Ethan said before dinner, "Mommy we need to pray for you". I said o.k. we will. So, we sit down to eat. I prayed and we started eating. About 5 minutes later, Ethan says, " mom we forgot to pray for you". Daddy says, "o.k. Ethan let's pray" Then Daddy and Ethan go back and forth about who is going to pray. Eventually Ethan agrees to pray first and then Daddy will follow.

So here's Ethan prayer...

Dear God,
Please help mommy to feel better and
please God please change mommy's heart.
Amen.

I could not hold in the laughter! I don't even know what Martie prayed for after that. All I know is my 3 year old just prayed for my heart to be changed. How funny is that, he knows I'm in need of a heart change.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I love that boy! He is so funny. Do you pray for your heart often? Just wondering how he came up with this.

Heather said...

We pray for his heart. A part of the "disciplining process" he asks God to change his heart.

Anonymous said...

LOL. That is so funny.

Kami said...

That warms my heart! Hope you're doing well. We love you and miss you.

steffany said...

I love it!