Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Quick update...

I feel like I've been leaving such negative posts lately. (sorry) Well, Ethan is still sick, really sick. Tabitha I think is still sick. She's not eating real good, and she's sleeping more than normal. Taylor has a slight cough, Martie hasn't had a dizzy spell today (that I know of), and I'm hanging in there. Why don't moms get sick. (not that I want to) One last negative thought.... I made dinner tonight... and it was YUCKY! Don't you hate when you try something new and it's no good. I really aim to please in the cooking area, hmmm, well not tonight.

So, now for some great news. God is doing some great things in our lives and the life of our church. We've had a new family join us. (Homeschool family w/ 3 children) We have also had a college girl join us who loves the Lord and is passionate about missions. Get this.... the family and the college girl are both very talented musically and have so many other talents and gifts. Praise to God!!! My women's fellowship is ALIVE!!! There are so many neat women coming. I was studying last night for this Friday and I just could not get enough. I was up until about 2 a.m. just reading. Isn't God amazing!

Homeschooling is going great. Schedules are working. The children are learning so much. We have read some really great books in the last couple of weeks. I read a book myself on Gladys Alward the missionary in one day. Too good to put down.

So I hope this post was a bit more encouraging. Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

In Everything said...

MOmmas don't get sick by the grace of God.... until Daddy is well!!! Thank goodness it's been like that MOST of our married life except for one sickness...I got sick and ignored any little symptoms to take care of everyone else!! So we were very thankful that I was able to bounce back soo quickly!

I do hope this sickness quickly makes it's rounds and you'll be back to normal soon!!!

I'd love to hear what resources you're using for your book lists for the kids....

Heather said...

So resources... Remember I'm homeschooling a 10,3, and 2 year old. So I choose books that vary. We do our history reading after family bible time. While everyone is still sitting. I usually give them something to color or something else to do, while I'm reading. These books are "chapter" books.
-New World in View, DeMar-Great Book! Must have. Probably too difficult for preschoolers but I love it.
-Christopher Columbus, Krensky
-Meet Christoper Columbus-I read one aloud and my oldest read the other one to the boys another day.
-Squanto, Friend of the Pilgrims, Bulla-Great book! Even the youngest are following.

Obviously we are studying American History. There are LOTS more. Maybe I can blog that one day.

steffany said...

I'm glad you are still healthy. It is so difficult when momma's sick. It sounds like God is doing great things in your church.

Kami said...

Hope everyone is feeling better soon. Praise God for the new people at church! Thats so great. We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad... some seasons are just hard. Nothing is worse than sickness going around. It STINKS! We had 8 weeks of sickness before Asher was born and I thought I was going to lose my mind!