Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Yesterday at the park

Martie had orientation yesterday at school. While he was in his "not so exciting" lectures, the kids and I went to the library, the park, and Walmart to get candy and soda. I think we had more fun than he did.

Later that afternoon we joined him for the reception to meet the Dr. Akin and the other professors. That was interesting, especially trying to keep a 2 and 3 year old still and on their best behavior.

I also discovered they have a Women's certificate program they offer, which is free to seminary wives. Get this, THEY OFFER CHILDCARE! Whoopee!!!! So, I jumped on this offer. Our Thursdays will soon be exhausting. We have our co-op from 9-3 and then we'll drive to W.F. for my "classes" from 7-9. I'm so excited. I wish Martie didn't have to work at night so he could spend that time with the children. If anyone knows a way for a family of six to get free health insurance let me know. Then Martie can quit good ol' UPS.

2 comments:

Kami said...

I wish I new a way to get you guys free insurance. I praise God that Marty is willing to work two jobs to provide for his family and to keep you home with your precious little arrrows! We love you!

In Everything said...

Ohhh.... I love WF and I love SE....my husband and I are both gradutes of SE and my husband is still working on a degree form there:)

The Women's Studies program is a HUGE blessing!!! It would provide some of the basic theological studies to keep you learning with your pastor husband!! And fellowship with other like-minded women!!!! If you are able to participate i think that would be a great activity and blessing...and another place for your kiddies to meet other sweet kids:)