Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Friday, August 1, 2008

Happy 2nd B-Day Andrew!!!

Andrew Chase is officially 2 years old. (Aug. 2) I can't believe how fast two years goes by. It was also just two years ago that I stepped away from my career to stay at home with my children. I was working the night I had sweet Andrew. I didn't know that would be my last night "working". Staying home with all of our children has been such a blessing, and at the same time more work than I had ever experienced. I have also learned that this work is the most important work. Training my children up to love God and enjoy Him forever. (what a task?) It is a job I take very seriously. I fail daily, but with God's grace I press on.

With that said... I love my little Andrew. I often refer to him as my "little monkey". (I am quickly corrected by my handsome hubby) He has been the child that I have to truly look after, all the time. You'll never know where you might find Andrew. (in the toilet, in my cabinets with everything pulled out, sitting in my crock pot, on top of the counter eating Taylor's cake...) Yes my crock pot was off, it was sitting beside the cabinet waiting to be put away. Thank God for siblings who help keep an eye on this quick and curious little boy. Andrew's smile and laugh are contagious. He is so handsome, and is growing up so much. He's talking a lot more, even saying some sentences. He has also been the slowest at talking. I think his brother and sister do a lot of the talking for him.

I once heard Ethan introducing himself and Andrew to a little girl. He said, "hi my name is Ethan, and this is my brother Andrew, and he doesn't talk". Well I guess not, Ethan loves to answer for him. He is shy around new people. He loves mommy, but is definitely a daddy's boy. During VBS he stayed with daddy all the time. Through all the bible studies he sat on daddy's lap. Anything Martie is doing, you'll find Andrew two steps behind. (mowing grass, fixing stuff, teaching bible studies...)

Did I mention, I love my little Andrew!!!! Happy 2nd birthday buddy! Mommy, Daddy and your brother and sisters love you so much. I thank God for blessing me with such a sweet boy.

And lastly, "you're my favorite Andrew in the whole world"!


4 comments:

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Happy birthday to your sweet little guy!

How was VBS? I prayed for you all week long.

We are on our family vacation all next week, but lets get together after that!

Heather said...

VBS was great! I'll fill you in when we talk. Thanks for praying, it really means a lot.

Have fun on vacation and just call me sometime when you get back. I would like to try to get our husbands together also. We'll see if that will work.

The Johnson Scoop said...

What a cutie! Happy Birthday to him. Yeah, I think that the whole binder and baseball card inserts idea is the best one I've come across. I'm going to try that out this week. I'm still trying to figure out how to organize it though. The GG bases the list on the date the coupons came out and the section they were in, but I'm not sure how much trouble it will be to find the coupons I need for other stores (like CVS and Rite Aid). Does any of that make sense?? Maybe you should just post those pictures! :)

The Johnson Scoop said...

Oh, do you have facebook?? I'm on there a whole lot more than my blog.