Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Catching up...

Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays, the new year, friend visits....

One day I'll learn that it's okay to just post a picture or a couple of sentences just so you know how we're doing. I actually love those blogs.

It's been a busy school year. We've been running the race of homeschooling pretty hard, or attempting to run hard. I still can't master an ideal schedule that works for my kids and me. You would think after homeschooling for EIGHT years I would have this thing down. However, we keep having things that throw the schedules off like new babies, toddlers, sicknesses... But oh isn't that the beauty of homeschooling. Thankful I've learned to show myself grace in that area (some).

This big boy turned 8 on Dec. 28th. I'm not quite sure where 8 years went. But I'm excited to see the young man our Ethan Joel is becoming. 
Our baby turned the big 1!!!! January 5, Seth Alexander advanced beyond newborn/baby stage.  He is a eating machine, he's strong, smiley, and walking everywhere!

Us and the Trunicks before our adult only date night! 
 
The Trunick and Mangum kiddo's!
Christmas kept us busy. We were fortunate to have family over. We also had people from the community over. The day after Christmas our friends the Trunicks visited from PA. (she's as good at blogging as me) ;) They have 5 boys and are expecting their 6th baby. We enjoyed having them with us for a week. There was an adult date night, a kid party, Marble's museum, target shooting, lot's of time in the kitchen, New Year's celebration, and lot's and lot's of laughter.




1 comment:

Carrie said...

Awh!!! I love you guys!!!