Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Lord's promise...

Today, for me, has been one of those days where you wish someone could physically come beside you to help hold you up. We have had so many exciting things happening in our life lately. So many blessings. But the Lord has ways of keeping me humble and depending on Him for everything. So it has been a bad day. Plain and simple.

As I was thinking through some things I started singing the song, Better is one day in your courts. Then I opened the Scriptures and started reading my bible reading plan. I'm reading in 1 Chr. and Psalms. Well God in all His goodness planned for me to be at Psalm 84. I love how the Spirit works.

Psalm 84:10-12
"For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand outside. I would rather stand at the threshold of the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness. For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly. O Lord of hosts, how blessed is the man who trusts in You!"

I love this!!! His is a sun and shield! He gives grace and glory! He doesn't withhold any good thing from those who walk uprightly!

I am blessed because I trust in this Lord! I am so thankful that He is the one that has come beside me to lift me up and encourage me through His word.

No comments: