Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Monday, June 27, 2011

update

I feel like I have so much to update. I just haven't had time to sit and blog lately. So in the last few weeks the church has agreed to give Martie a pretty significant raise. They wanted us to be able to buy a house. This has been such a blessing to us. So we are in the process of purchasing a home that is about 3/4 of a mile away. It was a forclosure so it needs lot's of work. The guy that we are purchasing it from is fixing it to our desires. Basically this has blessed us more than we can explain. We are going from about 1000 sq. feet 3 bedroom 1 1/2 bath to a 2600 sq. foot 6 bedrooms 2 bathroom house.

This "new" house has 3 bed. 2 bath upstairs, but has a completely unfinished full size basement. We are adding 3 more rooms and it will have a "family room" downstairs. We will use this room for our tv room and to homeschool.

We finished our adoption classes last week and the paperwork. Glory, glory!!! We are now waiting for a DSS worker to be assigned to us. I'm okay with it taking a few weeks as we are in the process of moving. I've been cleaning out everything and selling everything I can around the house. My children are starting to ask, "What's next?" hahaha I'm trying to sell the things so that we can afford to buy things for the new house. (we have a lot more house to furnish)

So if a DSS worker showed up right now they might be a little concerned. Boxes everywhere! I sold our dining room table, so we're eating off a table we borrowed from the church and metal chairs. :) Tabitha and Taylor are sleeping on a queen sized air mattress. I sold their loft bed. The boys bed is next on the for sale list!

So that's our quick update. Hopefully I can blog more frequently to keep you all posted!

No comments: