Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Thursday...

Yesterday was a relaxing day, I would call it our "adjusting" day. After a 28 hour car ride we needed a down day. Dad and I put together a meal list for the week. Then Melanie, Dad, and I went to the grocery store and Walmart. (where I showed them my mad couponing skills) hahaha Just kidding, I actually didn't have that many coupons for the things we needed.

I was happy to get out (even to the grocery store). It was late when we got here the night before, so I couldn't see anything. It is so beautiful here. Very different. I love the huge rocky mountains. We plan to go see them today. We stopped by Micheal's school to drop something off. It's really great to see where my brother and his family are living. I am so excited to be here.

Later that afternoon I needed to go back to Walmart for some foil trays. So I asked my brother to take me. It's only a couple of blocks away. I asked him jokingly at first to ride me on his motorcycle. Minutes later I was talked into hopping on. Thankfully he went very slow to keep me comfortable. It was fun spending that special time with him. I miss him.Did I mention my brother has 2 dogs. One is actually a horse. He comes up to my waist. I was nervous about this at first, but I have to say these are the most well behaved dogs I've EVER met. Very sweet. We have laughed at "Blue" the big dog so much. He is huge!!!That evening I made enchilada casserole and rice for dinner. I also made a banana pudding for dessert. Micheal fell asleep before dinner and Andrew fell asleep at the dinner table. They were wiped out. We had a great day just hanging out together, I am looking forward to the rest of the week. I need to read up on this new camera so I can get some great pictures.

No comments: