Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 1 in PA:

We made it to PA!!! We dropped Martie of in DC around 1:30 and we made it here around 8:30. I had to make 3 stops! That was a little frustrating. I like to get in the car and get to my destination, but when your driving it by yourself with 5 little blessings it takes a little longer.

The children were so excited to get here. The boys ran around the house until we finally made them stop. They woke up this morning around 6:40 am. The girls are all still sleeping. I did hear some funny conversations as the boys woke up. They're all camping on the floor in sleeping bags in one room. Here are the couple of things I thought were funny.

Ethan to Bill and Josiah (who both have nice new haircuts): "When was the last time your mom cut your hair? Cause' you should come to my house on Sunday and my mom can cut it very well." (by the way I never got around to cutting my own boys hair) :)

Bill: I can't wait to show you our apple tree.
Andrew: Are they ready to eat yet, I can't wait. Cause' I love them.

Now they're all sitting in the "class room", and Bill is "teaching" them. hahaha I'm sure we're going to make plenty of fun memories. They're already asking to go outside and it's only 7:30 am and they're still in their pajamas.

Plans for the day:
  1. The children will do their lessons.
  2. Amish Country. (my idea, of course.)
  3. The camp where they used to live.
  4. Maybe some shopping, I still have to find Taylor some jeans.
I'll continue to update the blog about our visit and with pictures!


2 comments:

In Everything said...

I hope you have a great time!!! SOunds like the kids are ready for fun together;)

We have revival at our church in a week and we have friends who are coming... dad is the guest preacher, momma is a great SEBTS friend and the kids are along for the ride;) Anyway, it will be 9 kids (7 yrs and under) and 4 parents:) Sounds crazy, and fun!!

Reminds of your sweet PA trip to visit this friend:)

Carrie said...

awh! I miss ya'll! I think it's time for another trip ;) We have been super busy latly, but it's just not the same with out the Mangums!