Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Carissa update

We got to Duke at 1:00 this afternoon. The receptionist then informed us that Carissa had two different appointments. (I didn't know this or expect this) Of course with me already being nervous, my eyes filled with tears. But then my sweet husband reminded me that God is Sovereign and He is GOOD! So we calmly sat down and waited.

We did not have to wait long. They called us right back. We got her undressed and then they started working with her. This was probably the hardest part. She's screaming and I can't hold her. However, praise the Lord we were able to stay with her the whole time. The test took about 10 mins. and we were done there. The doctor said there was no sign of kidney reflux! Praise the Lord.

We then went to wait for the ultrasound. (which was supposed to be at 3:30) They were able to take us back early. We only had one patient in front of us. There was about 30 mins. and a perfect time to nurse my sweet baby. By the time we went back for the ultrasound Carissa was fast asleep. (a very hard sleep) I was able to lay down and hold her the whole time. She stayed asleep. PERFECT! We don't know anything from that test. We should know by Thursday.

God was so gracious to us. Here are just a few things we are praising Him for:
  • The radiologist took us right back. (no wait)
  • They were able to move the ultrasound appt. up.
  • We had a 30 min. break in between appointments so Carissa was able to nurse during that time.
  • She slept soundly through the ultrasound appt.
  • There were no signs of kidney reflux.
  • The other 4 children were able to spend the day with Grandma and their cousins. :)
God is so good! I pray that we were a testimony to that goodness today! We will update you all as we know more. Thanks for coming along side us and petitioning our Great Lord on behalf of baby Carissa.

4 comments:

preciouswdy said...

Heather we love you guys and always know whatever you go through it is never alone. We are like one big happy family who love to praise GOD together! God brought us all together to bring to each other something special and I am thankful for how he works. Alone we are strong but together we are stronger and we have a great prayer circle which can't be broken. I have truly being praying for Carissa with the rising of the sun and the going down of the same sun. GOD is awesome because my exact words where GOD let all her test read negative.I feel so good you got me at work praising him!!!!
Precious

Carrie said...

Praising God with you! That is such a relief. I'm sure the ultra sound will be as good as she was during her sleep :)

In Everything said...

so glad your appts were "good"! And that you had the time to comfort and feed carissa, I know that was nice to calm both of you!

So thankful that the kidney reflux was a negative and that there weren't any obvious problems with the ultrasound... I'll continue to pray until you get the results! God is so good!

Aunt Jo said...

PRAISE GOD Heather and Martie, God is awesome there have been alot of prayers for our lil sweet baby girl, and also for you and Martie.. I agree with Precious you are never alone. Love you all so much...