Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving fun!!!

We had a GREAT Thanksgiving. We actually stayed at home and cooked. I've never cooked Thanksgiving dinner before. So like I told my mom, "I guess I'm a big girl now". hahaha! I really enjoyed preparing all of the food. However, I enjoyed the company even more! We had some new friends over (Rob and Danielle), the Trunick family, and Bill's sister Jamey. We had a full house, but I tried to make it as comfortable as possible. The kids did wonderfully! Because they had not seen eachother in a while, they played in their bedroom most of the time.

Before Thanksgiving the kids and I worked on some neat crafts. They enjoyed helping me prepare for our company.

Our CUTE turkeys.
Martie became a little obsessive with getting his turkey just right! I stopped him before he tried to give them feet. hahaha! One of the many things I LOVE about him.

My sister got in on the fun.These were corn on the cob place settings.

We ate around 1:00. We then enjoyed sitting around talking. My favorite part of the day was when Martie read Psalm 136. Then we went around and told things that we were thankful for. Wow! What a way to reflect on God's goodness. He has been so merciful to us! I really think the day was God honoring, I was so excited to host the occasion!

2 comments:

In Everything said...

Fun!! Glad you had the experince of hosting Thanksgiving... makes you thankful for your mothers or grandmothers!! And glad you could share Thanksgiving with family and friends!!

And I liked the cute turkeys!

Carrie said...

You did a wonderful job on everything! I'm so glad we got to spend Thanksgiving with your family!!! I am very, very, Thankful!!