Deuteronomy 6:5-9

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontals on your forehead. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Challenge...

Last night at our "Women's Fellowship Night" we had some very deep and interesting discussions. First of all I have to tell you, It wasn't all women. My hubby got trapped in our discussions. He didn't have to go to work. There is something that I wanted to pass along to you all. Martie asked what is going to change this world??? Could there be another "great awakening"??? Is it possible???

After thinking for a while, we came up with all kinds of answers. Then Martie brought it back to the elementary truths... The Gospel! That is the only thing that can change this world that is the only thing that can change people. We as Christians have failed! When was the last time you shared your faith? When was the last time you were excited about the Lord, and wanted to share it with a LOST person.

Christians, brothers, sisters... we need to get out of our Christian "ghettos". We need to share the gospel. No, it's not going to be easy. People are not going to like you. Jesus said they hated Him first, they will hate us too. That's not very encouraging is it? Why do we act surprised when lost people act lost? Why do we act surprised when elections come around? We can't change the world!!! But, God can, through us.

We need to get out there! Get our hands and feet dirty!!! I challenge you all share your faith with ONE person today. Leave me a comment let me know how it goes. Let's encourage each other, rejoice with each other, sharpen each other.....only to go out and do it again!

2 comments:

Kami said...

Praise the Lord, an old friend from elementary school went to church with me today! She was raised Pentecostal but isnt sure if shes saved. I had been praying for a witnessing opportunity that matched my weak faith, and God brought this old friend back into my life! I have been so blessed by our discussions and when I am kingdom focused my problems dont seem like such a big deal anymore. PLease pray for my friend that she would not rest until she has assurance of Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior.

Heather said...

Kami- thanks for sharing!!! I will be praying. I was able to do something for the lifeguards at
Taylor's swim practice today, praying for more opportunities to talk. I also had the chance to share with someone else. (I can't share their name) Martie has also had some awesome discussion with a guy named, 'Ernie'.